Friday, September 21, 2012

Galway Trip: Ferry to Aran Islands

If you can believe it, I'm only now moving on to the second day of our trip.  Thanks for reading all of this by the way, I know my posts can be long.

A Few of the Ferries
Seal!
So the next day we had breakfast and then took a ferry to the largest of the Aran Islands, Inishmore.  While waiting for our professor to get the tickets sorted out, we got to see a seal.  I was super excited to see it because I had never seen one outside of a zoo before.

The View as We Left Ireland
The View as We Approached Inishmore
I decided to sit on top of the ferry for the view (which was great), but it was one of those "You Know You're From Chicago When," moments.  You see some people claimed that it was cold and went back below the ferry, but I was quit comfortable and enjoyed the rocking of the boat as well as the view of Ireland and Inishmore.

No comments:

Post a Comment