Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Still Pregnant Wife and Other Mundane Adventures

Hello!  I know I haven't written in a few days, but not much has been going on.

Our professor's wife is still pregnant so it seems almost 100% sure that he will not be coming with us to Dublin on our overnight trip from Thursday to Friday.  However, this means that a different professor, one whose focus is the Vikings, will be coming with us.  While he is normally nice guy, we have been warned that he quit smoking just a few days ago.

Today I got my form for immigration to fill out so I'll probably turn that in sometime next week, although, for some reason, I have three months to do it while others have four weeks.

This week will be filled with the trip to Dublin and writing my paper on the other uses of Irish Megalithic Tombs other than the disposal of bodies.  Yesterday I checked out a few books from the library so I'll start going through those tonight.

Saint Finbar (Because I can't have a Post Without a Picture)
Oh and today in class we learned that it is quite possible that Finbarr was not in fact a historical figure.  Our professor joked that UCC's slogan should be Where Munster Thought that Finbarr Taught, Let Munster Learn, which prompted Kayla to suggest I change the name of my blog.  However, I've grown to like my blog name and, historical or not, Finbarr is an important figure.

Sorry that this was a boring post, I just didn't want to go so many days without blogging lest I get out of the habit.  I promise to have some adventures in Dublin to make up for it.

1 comment:

  1. You must be in Dublin now - looking forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete