Wednesday, September 26, 2012

School, Societies, and the Internet (Oh My!)

So I was waiting until today to blog because it is only now that I have had all of my classes.  My classes changed around a bit from what I was originally planning, partly because of new classes and partly because I found out I didn't need to take six courses.  The classes I am now taking are:
Viking Age Archaeology in Scandinavia and the North Atlantic
Prehistoric Societies in Ireland
Introduction to Irish History for Visiting Students
Religion and Magic in Reformation Europe: Witches, Demons, Jews, and Heretics
Aspects of Irish Folklore

My Schedule
They're all pretty great so far, although I've only had a few hours of each.  The thing that is weird here is the schedules.  You know how classes tend to be at the same time on the different days they're offered or in the same place?  That's not always the case here.  The weirdest class I have has got to be Prehistoric Societies in Ireland where I have two hours of class on Wednesdays, but one hour is from 10-11 and the other is from 4-5.

Religion and Magic I think is going to be perhaps the most awesome class I've ever taken.  The professor is really nice, knowledgeable, and engaging and I always love learning about witches.  Plus two quotes from class today:
(when describing the 1960s) "Free love and bishops had power."
"A concubine is not a porcupine."

Today was also Societies' Day which meant that every society (what we would more likely call a club) had a table set up trying to get people to sign up.  Even though it was incredibly packed, my friend Kayla and I managed to find our way through and sign up for quite a few societies.  I signed up for the Historical Society, Archaeological Society, Photography Society, International Students Society, Sci-Fi Society, and the Hot Beverage Appreciation Society.

Yesterday there was also a Clubs' Day, but I am not an athletic person so I kinda grabbed the basic booklet and left.

My flatmates and I are discovering that the internet gets really bad at night, and skype is almost impossible to get working correctly.  This thus involves us getting very frustrated with our first world problems, but at least we're figuring out a strategy to try and get our interneting done in the morning.  So I'll just finish this post before the internet crashes again :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this info about your classes and societies. I assume they are all keeping you too busy to post more.... but want... info....

    ReplyDelete