Thursday, August 23, 2012

Arrived Safe & Sound (Pretend this was posted 8/22)

Phew it has been a long day, so I'll make this first post short.

I have arrived in Cork at long last!  Flying over Ireland was amazingly beautiful, I still don't quite believe that I'm actually here.



I have moved into my apartment (#44) in Victoria Lodge.  I know that I will have three roommates, but as far as I can tell only one other has moved in so far.  Her name is Kayla and we're actually both doing the archaeology program.

So far we went to Tesco to get the very basic supplies (such as toilet paper as we had one roll for four bathrooms).  I also met Kayla's friend Montana.

While shopping I was trying to find a new adapter as mine wouldn't fit with my cord, but when I showed it to one of the cashiers she made it fit.  She described herself as spirited, I describe her as heroic.

Other than that, I spent my first day being spoiled by family friends Jenny and Finbarr.  Although I fear that I was not a very good guest as I was focused on not falling asleep on top of the delicious food they were serving.

Tomorrow we plan to do more exploring and a little more shopping!  Hopefully by then I'll have some photos of my own to post :)

P.S. Sorry this is late, but the internet briefly died when I tried to post yesterday.

2 comments: