Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cork Butter Museum

Kayla, Kyla, Me, and Montana at the Cork Butter Museum
Tomorrow classes finally start so Kayla, Kyla, Montana, and I decided to have another full day of adventuring.  We took the 208 bus into the City Centre and then successfully navigated our way to the Cork Butter Museum.  At first I think we went because we were so amused that there was a museum about butter, but it turns out that butter was an incredibly important part of the Irish economy.  The man who worked there was also very nice and took our group photo four times so that we would all have a copy.

The Four Faced Liar
The Butter Museum was very close to the Four Faced Liar, which we saw as we wandered around after our visit to the museum.  We also saw a cathedral and some very adorable streets with very adorable children playing with a soccer ball.

Joan Denise Moriarty Exhibition
The Butter Museum was also right next to this building that used to be a part of the butter market, but is now a small dance theatre.  There was a free exhibit at it with all of these old ballet costumes so we stopped in to take a look and it was beautiful!  I definitely did not know all of the ballets that the outfits were from, but they were amazing.

Mr. Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe
Later we did some more wandering and found our way to Mr. Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe.  The chocolate that Kyla got, and let us have, was delicious, and I quite enjoyed my floppy the dolphin.  I also managed to buy my first souvenirs of the trip there.

After that, we hopped back on the 208 to make one more run to the shopping centre for school supplies and a new hairdryer for Kyla who kinda blew hers up this morning.  Luckily, since I had done a similar thing in my room, I was able to fix the fuse box without calling the warden again.

As for tomorrow, I don't really know what to expect.  I know that we have to get our IDs tomorrow and I know that at some point this week we have our first field trip, but I don't really know how the class will run.  I think we have four hours of class a day and I assume there is a break in there somewhere, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what lies ahead in Civil Engineering Room 110.

1 comment:

  1. butter! four-faced liar? floppy the dolphin? your blogs are so frequent and interesting! how do you have time?
    ~kimisha

    ReplyDelete