Friday, October 26, 2012

Civil Engineering Building

Civil Engineering Building
Oddly enough it was the Civil Engineering building that my Early Start class was in.  Probably because archaeology's normal building is off campus.  My Early Start is probably one of the best courses that I have ever taken.  I learned so much and our professor was a great lecturer and very approachable after class if we had any questions.  Of course it didn't hurt that we took beyond amazing field trips every week.

I didn't like the building itself so much.  There is a style of room here where there is essentially a long bench with then one long connected desk for students to sit in.  Rows of these make up the classroom.  In this classroom the desk part was too far forward, so a lot of us held our notebooks in our laps or had to hunch over to write.  Each space for a student also had a number on a little metal plaque.  Mine, I discovered later, gave me a bit of a bruise.  But it was a small price to play for such an awesome class.

Also in this one room in Civil Engineering (110 to be exact) I had the first few weeks of my history course Religion and Magic in Reformation Europe: Witches, Demons, Jews, and Heretics (it takes a while for classes to settle down in terms of location and lecture time).  This is probably my favorite class that I'm taking now, but I'll write more about it when I write about the building it's in now.

I promise tomorrow my blog post will be more interesting as we're headed off to Fota Wildlife Park and Cobh!

No comments:

Post a Comment