Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ring of Kerry Tour: Ladies View & Killarney National Park

Ladies View
Ladies View and Me
Just when we thought that the Ring of Kerry couldn't get any prettier, we went to the Ladies View.  I believe it was called that because that is where important guests were taken to view the area.  Kyla and I ran ahead of the rest of our tour bus so that we could get photos without them, or, as it turned out, members of two or three other buses, in it.  While our pamphlet said it was a leprechaun crossing, I didn't see any.  Although there were a few small trails around it so who knows.

Killarney National Park
Our final stop was Killarney National Park.  It was gorgeous and gorgeous in a way that I didn't quite expect in Ireland.  I've never doubted that Ireland is a beautiful country, but the park reminded me of some places in the US.  It was cool but also a bit odd (for lack of a better word).

Torc Waterfall
The highlight of our stop there was the Torc Waterfall.  Kyla and I again ran ahead of the group to get good shots of it.  I always love waterfalls and this one was beautiful, 18m high and cascading down an expanse of beautiful rocks where it then turned into a babbling stream that begged for fairy tales to be written about it.  Sorry if that sounded weird, but it needed to be said.

Finally it was time to head back to Cork.  Even though the roads were a bit small and twisty, it was a very nice ride back and a very nice way to spend the day with friends.

1 comment: