Friday, December 7, 2012

Another Afternoon of Wandering

Mmmm Salted Caramel
Since I didn't have have class today I was determined not to sit in my room the whole day, so I went wandering.  Last night I had looked on Trip Advisor and someone said to go and find the historic Jewish district of Cork.  So I took photos of Google maps and headed out.  On my way to there, I stopped at the Cupcake Cottage and got a salted caramel cupcake.

Shalom Park
Part of the Hibernian Buildings
It was actually a little disappointing.  Shalom Park was really pretty but the historic Jewish buildings, the Hibernian Buildings, had no sign or anything.  I also couldn't find the synagogue, but oh well I hadn't been to that part of the city yet so it was still cool.  Although I was secretly hoping I'd find a place to buy some challah.

I Don't Know...
The Arcade
Next I wanted to wander back to the flea market that we'd been too weeks (possibly months) ago.  On my way I found an arcade and played (and lost) at a few games before moving on.  The flea market was very low key, but I rather appreciated that.  No one who was selling was trying to pressure you into buying and they were content to talk with you about their items.

I was so Very Tempted by These
Since it is getting close to Christmas there was quite a collection of Christmas cards that I could've bought, but I've actually stocked up for a while.  I did manage to find a small present for someone and a random metal platypus for myself, whom I now adore.

Shopping Center Decorations
Decorated Fountain at the English market
My wandering took me to a shopping center where I discovered that ramp escalators are a thing.  It also had some pretty Christmas decorations (as did the English Market when I visited there).  My wanderings also took me places where I officially finished shopping for people's presents (I even got a shirt for myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment