Monday, December 17, 2012

Kinsale: The Town

Some shops in Kinsale
On Saturday I decided to take a day trip to the town of Kinsale.  It was a bit of a chilly day, but it was bright and sunny.  After getting off the bus I first spent some time wandering around.  I was surprised at how many shops and restaurants were closed.  Although, I guess a fair bit of the town's business comes from tourism and December is certainly the off season.  However, I still had fun seeing all of the shops as well as the surrounding area.

Kinsale
View of Kinsale from path to Charles Fort
James Fort
Kinsale is gorgeous.  I know I keep saying that in this blog, but Ireland just has an abundance of natural beauty, and Kinsale is no exception.  While I didn't spend much time in the town itself, although I did find a nice little friendly restaurant to get a burger at, I kept taking pictures of it.  I got some great views of it as I headed to Charles Fort.  I also got to see James Fort, an older fort that Charles Fort from across the way.  I wish I had had time to see both, but not having a car meant I had a very long walk to Charles Fort so I didn't have time to make the long walk to James Fort.

Koko Chocolate Shop
After I returned from the fort I first stopped to check the bus schedule and found that I had twenty minutes to spare.  I was delighted because I had passed a chocolate shop on my way to the stop.  I made a quick run back to it for some hot chocolate.  It was delicious and the staff was very friendly.  It also made me feel a lot better as I sat on the bus in very damp clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment