Monday, December 17, 2012

Still More Wandering

Oliver Plunkett Street
In my last week here I have a 4,000 word essay to write, but I'm determined not to spend all of my time sitting in my bed typing.  So, today I spent the afternoon wandering again.  My goal today was to find an old bookstore on Oliver Plunkett Street.  I did end up finding the bookstore, but it turns out I'd been there before.  The online description also had me believing it was solely an antique bookstore when really there was only one shelf of out of print books.

My Mince Pie
Before heading there, however, I went and got some hot chocolate and then wandered through the English Market.  There I got my first mince pie, which I later ate with dinner, from some very nice people who even showed me one they were making to tell me what it was like.  I also got a sponge cake that I plan to use as a reward when I finish parts of my paper.

Inside the Used Vibes & Scribes Store
I eventually wandered my way to all three Vibes & Scribes stores since I figured it would be one of my last chances, if not the last chance, to go there.  The used bookstore is definitely my favorite, but the new bookstore and craft store are fun too.

Lots of Seagulls
It was pretty rainy for most of the day, but as I finished up my wandering the sky cleared.  Although, it then filled with a bunch of seagulls because one guy thought it was a good plan to feed them.

1 comment: