Friday, December 21, 2012

Crawford Art Gallery

Crawford Art Gallery
So I found myself with some time to kill so I decided to finally go to the Crawford Art Gallery.  The gallery building is actually the old Customs House (or so I've been told).  I'm not sure I was technically supposed to take photos as two of the rooms had no photography signs, but the others didn't.

It was a fairly small gallery, but there was a fair bit of stuff.  Most of the pieces in the gallery were paintings, but there was also a room filled with sculptures and a few spaces with more modernist pieces.  Below I decided to include some of my favorite pieces.

Stained Glass
The Captive, but I think She Looks like My Grandma 
The Eviction painted in 1850 
A Recreation of Laocoon, a Sculpture I've Loved since Freshman Year of High School

No comments:

Post a Comment