Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dad Visits!: Cafe Mexicana

After wandering around for a few hours, my dad and I took a break and just chilled at my apartment.  Sadly only one of my roommates was home, but I'm glad he got to at least meet Kyla.  I think we were both glad for the chance to rest our feet before heading out to dinner.

Huguenot Gurial Ground 1733
Cafe Mexicana
We walked downtown and then down a little side street to find Cafe Mexicana (that I've actually been meaning to try).  It was randomly next to the Huguenot graveyard, apparently about 300 of them came to Cork in the 1600s.

Daddio and his Placemat
The place was fun, but very mellow.  All of the decorations really colorful and bright and the wait staff was very nice.  My dad and I had fun talking about our day and other things, including figuring out when to meet for breakfast the next day as he was headed back to Dublin.

My Chimichanga
My Dad's Enchilada
Our food was delicious and in very large portions.  I got a beef chimichanga and my dad got a chicken enchilada.  After dinner I walked him back to the Garnish House where he gave me the scone and cheese he stole for me from breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment