Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

So this post is a little late as I actually ran out of space for photos (can you believe it?).  But now I have acquired more!

Phew I Didn't Get Ticket 34
This past Thursday was Thanksgiving and I know I for one was feeling a little sad being abroad for it.  It is the first Thanksgiving that I haven't spent at home and is a time that I'd get to see family and friends.  The week before though, Montana and I bought tickets for the UCC International Education Office and UCC Chaplaincy Thanksgiving dinner.

"Thanks for coming to dinner at Hogwar-I mean the Aula Maxima"
We headed over there a little on the early side because we wanted to be sure we got good seats.  I was honestly expecting more people as they said they had 150 tickets.  Still there were a lot of people there and the Aula Maxima (in the Main Quad building) looked great.

Montana and I sat down at a table with four other Americans.  Before too long three Germans and one girl from the Netherlands joined us.  It was fun just chatting and sharing Thanksgiving traditions, experiences, and favorite foods.  Another fun thing was the raffle (although I didn't win anything); someone at my table one a free car rental.

Not Sure how Traditional Brussels Sprouts are...oh well
Cranberry Apple Pie also isn't Traditional, but Very Yummy
My favorite part of the evening (other from the tasty, tasty food) was probably the quiz.  Each table got two sheets of questions that were read out to us and we got to either circle or write down the answer.  Some were easy like where did the Pilgrims land and in which state? and others were nearly impossible like what happens when turkeys get 'excited' (I later learned that their heads turn blue)?

After dinner, Montana and I headed home.  While my Thanksgiving was pretty different than normal, I did manage to chat with my friend Saskia.  Some traditions are too important to let slide.

1 comment:

  1. All in all, it sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving! (And you'll be HOME for Christmas.)

    ReplyDelete