Thursday, November 1, 2012

Main Quad

Castle-y Part of the Main Quad
After a bit of shuffling around, my history class Religion and Magic in Reformation Europe: Witches, Demons, Jews, and Heretics, finally settled into its normal room: West Wing 6.  The west wing is a part of the Main Quad building.  This is probably the most beautiful building on campus and the room is very nice (although I think it was just redone).  The only problem with it is that there are so many of us that pretty much every seat needs to be filled so people who run late have to make rows scoot in (although we should just not leave spaces between us, but oh well).
West Wing of the Main Quad
The class is pretty great.  Our professor is an excellent lecturer and I get the feeling that he pretty much plans out speeches for our class because he always takes dramatic pauses.  Although perhaps they are a trick to get us to pay attention as he revealed to us that he sometimes falls off the little stage when he feels like he's losing a class.

While I generally don't like European history, witches are always fascinating to me.  Although we still haven't gotten to witches yet, but we have talked about demons and exorcisms so I'm still pretty interested in the course.  I actually wish our lectures were a bit longer as I think history isn't well suited to a one hour time slot.  I also wish we had more of a chance for small discussion, but I have gotten to know a German student pretty well in the course.

My biggest complaint with the class would have to be that while our professor is incredibly knowledgeable and an amazing lecturer, he's not the best with work that's for outside of class.  We have a paper due a week from tomorrow and he still hasn't uploaded sources for us.  Oh well, luckily for me the Swarthmore librarians are amazing and have already helped hook me up with some sources.  I sing their praises!

No comments:

Post a Comment