Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Weekend in Dublin: Saint Stephen's Green

Kayla and I got up bright an early (relatively speaking) because our check out time was at 10:00am.  Although, to be fair, Montana and Kyla had to meet their Paddy Wagon bus at about 8:00am.  I had not had a great night's sleep, but this actually had nothing to do with the hostel.  Kinlay House is a great hostel.  The staff is super friendly and helpful, our room was clean, the murals were funny, there were posters decorating it (although some were for some graphic movies), the location was amazing, the hostel felt very safe, it was very cheap, there was breakfast (even if we didn't eat it), and we could rent a locker for only a euro a day so we didn't have to either leave our stuff unlocked in the room or schlep our stuff around all day.

Perhaps before leaving the hostel for the day we should've asked for directions, but I was confident that I could find the National Museum of Archaeology using my handy Dublin map.  Sadly I was mistaken, but not sadly people are very helpful and a storekeeper pointed us in the right direction.

Saint Stephen's Green
Another fortunate thing was that this right direction took us through Saint Stephen's Green, a beautiful park.  Kayla and I could not have had a better day to go through it (well I suppose it could've been a bit warmer).  The sun was shining and there were lovely birds about.

Robert Emmet (an Irish Nationalist)
Famine Memorial Statue
Besides the natural beauty of the park there are quite a few statues throughout the park.  The two I chose to include photos from were the ones that were, in my opinion, the most striking.

2 comments: