Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Weekend in Dublin: Trinity College & Queen of Tarts

Me at Trinity College
We finished with the National Wax Museum a bit too early for lunch, so we decided to go and wander around Trinity College for a bit.  My photos of it won't be terribly informed because we did not pay 10 euro for the walking tour.  After all, I feel like I've had enough college tours for a long time.

One of the Many Lawns I'm not Allowed on
I have begun to notice though that it's not a thing to be on the grass on colleges.  If you look at any college brochure in the US you are guaranteed to see students sitting, napping, having class, playing frisbee, or doing something on their quad or any other large portion of grass on their campus.  Here, there are ropes, signs, and superstitions to keep you off the grass.  I wonder what their brochures look like...

A Statue at Trinity
Trinity College was beautiful, even if we didn't always know what we were looking at.  Sadly we didn't go see the Book of Kells because we knew the lines would be incredibly long and we had no idea what page they were showing that day so for all we knew if would be one of just text.  If I'm ever back for more than a weekend I definitely plan on going.

However, we did go into their bookstore, but to do this we had to ask the person regulating the line.  He then sorta forced open the automatic exit door so we could sneak in.  But we both ended up buying things so hopefully if was worth the effort.

The Queen of Tarts she Made some Tarts All on a Summer's Day
For lunch we headed to Queen of Tarts.  The first one was filled up, but there was another just a few blocks away (on Cows Lane).  We had to wait a bit, but I think it was worth it.  The place was really nice and while I felt a bit lame for not getting a tart my smoked salmon, eggs, and toasted brown bread were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment