Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dad Visits!: Electric

This weekend was really great because my dad came to visit!  He first spent a few days in Dublin and then took a train down to Cork.  Today he left to go back to Dublin for a few days, but we spent the weekend hanging out.

On Friday, after he had a little bit of time to settle in at the Garnish House, we met up and went to dinner.  It was kinda surreal to see him here, but still very nice.  I met him at the Garnish House and after a bit of confusion, we found each other and headed to Electric for dinner.

Me at Electric
Dad in Electric
Electric is a very nice restaurant right on the river.  The wait staff was very nice and we chatted a bit about  Chicago (each time this weekend we mentioned that we were from Chicago, Obama was brought up).  It was nice to just sit and chat with my dad about this and that, especially as it's been a while since I haven't made my own meal or just gotten something on the go.

My Steak
Dad's Fish n Chips
Our food was delicious.  I got steak and Dad felt he had to get fish and chips before he left.  I actually just finished off his fish and chips for my dinner tonight.

My Dessert
After a yummy dessert of creme brulee, lavender shortbread cookies (don't ask me), and 'boozy berries,' we walked around the city for a bit.  I really wish the Christmas lights would turn on.  A few places had their lights on, but the main ones are up but still dark.  Either way, I got to show off a bit of Cork, but I was more excited to show my dad what it looked like during the daytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment