Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dad Visits!: English Market

The one thing that my dad really wanted to see was the English Market, and I can't really blame him.  It's really cool not only because of all of the delicious and fresh food you can buy, but because it's not just a tourist or special thing.  It's a fully integrated part of the city.

Above the English Market
We opted to eat in the restaurant a little bit above the market instead of grabbing some of the food because there isn't really a place to sit with your purchases, but we made sure to wander through the whole market.

My Dad and Me at the Restaurant
We each got some tasty sandwiches and enjoyed people watching down below.  The guy sitting next to me heard our accents and us talking about going to Saint Fin Barre's Cathedral and gave us a few recommendations of his own.  He told me that I should try and get my dad to Kinsale before he left and that I should go to Dingle before I leave in December.  We didn't end up going to Kinsale because we wanted to spend the time in Cork, but I might go (I've heard conflicting reviews).

After the market we looked at part of the old city wall (13th century), part of what used to be a cannon, and a cool bridge that were all on our way to our next stop: Saint Fin Barre's Cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment